What is breast milk jewelry and keepsakes?
- Breast milk jewelry and keepsakes are items crafted from your very own breast milk. A sample of your milk is preserved and settled into a resin mixture to form your breast milk stone.
What is this breast milk stone like?
- Your breast milk stone is a solid piece, but the hardness may vary. Because I create the pieces from a liquid state, your milk may settle differently in the resin causing some stones to be softer than others. However, all stones will be durable and built to last under normal wear. I allow my stones to cure in a pressure pot to avoid bubbles, however, small bubbles still may appear in the finished piece and is expected in the nature of handmade resin items.
What color will my breast milk stone be?
- The finished color of your breast milk stone depends on the color of your breast milk. Many times breast milk may change color in transit to us.
Is it just my milk in my stone or is my milk mixed with someone else's?
- Your breast milk keepsakes is made with JUST your breast milk! I carefully organize and label everyone's breast milk when storing, prepping, and casting all breast milk pieces.
How do I order?
- Please visit and place orders through my website www.laitdelavie.com
What payments do you accept?
- All major credit cards through direct check out.
- Amazon Pay
- Apple Pay
What are your shipping rates?
- Local Pickup (Thibodaux, LA): $1
- USPS First Class: $3.50
- USPS Priority Flat Rate ($100 Insurance): $7
- USPS Priority Flat Rate ($200 Insurance): $10
- USPS Priority Flat Rate ($300 Insurance): $13
- USPS Priority Flat Rate ($400 Insurance): $16
- USPS Priority Flat Rate ($500 Insurance): $19
- USPS Priority Flat Rate ($600 Insurance): $22
- USPS Priority Flat Rate ($700 Insurance): $25
- USPS First Class International: $12
- USPS Priority Mail International: $28
- Rest of the world:
- USPS First Class International: $18
What is your turnaround time?
- I try to keep all turnaround times between 18-22 weeks from the time we receive milk and/or inclusions. However, this is an estimated turnaround only and some delays may occur. Turnaround time should be expected to extend during holidays. (Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mothers Day, Etc)
Where am I on your queue?
- You can check out our public queue here: http://bit.ly/laitdelavie
I have a question, who should I ask?
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 985-492-8287 / Business Hours: Mon-Friday 10:30am - 5:00pm CST
- Message on Facebook
- Join our Facebook group www.iwcs-ldlv.com and post on the group wall! We have an amazing community and admin team who can help!
I'm from the US, how do I ship my breast milk to you?
- You will receive an email confirmation with the address and detailed shipping information once you place your order. Breast milk must be shipped triple bagged via USPS Priority. Priority Flat Rate will be the most cost efficient.
- Click here for more shipping details.
I'm from outside of the US, how do I ship my breast milk to you?
- If you are international, please use the most cost efficient and reliable postal service. You will mark it as a gift on customs and use the phone number and address provided in your confirmation email. I've had plenty of international packages delivered successfully that have "breast milk" "mother's milk" "milk for jewelry" etc on the customs form. This should not be a problem!
- Click here for more shipping details.
Does the breast milk need to stay cold when shipping?
- Nope! Since the breast milk will not be consumed, it does not need to stay cold or "good". We actually suggest shipping your milk at room temperature to avoid condensation during transit.
Does the age of breast milk matter?
- Nope! Age of milk does not matter. You can send fresh milk or previously frozen milk! If previously frozen, please defrost milk to room temperature before shipping!
How much breast milk should I ship?
- At minimum, I accept a 1/2oz of milk per item ordered. If you are able to send more, please do! I will save whatever is left over for future orders or in case an item needs to be remade.
Do you save leftover breast milk in case I would like to order again later?
- Yes! I will be saving your leftover milk up to a year after purchase, and can save it longer if requested.
Can I incorporate inclusions in my breast milk jewelry? (Like placenta, umbilical stump, lock of hair, flowers, etc)
- Yes! Please select your desired inclusions when ordering. Each listing has a drop down with what may be added to each order.
Can I get jewelry made without breast milk?
- Yes! Any thing on our site can be made without breast milk. It will be made with a clear resin, your chosen inclusion, and any additional customization.
Do you accept returns, exchanges or refunds?
- Due to the nature of our personalized jewelry pieces, we are unable to accept returns or offer exchanges on finished items. This applies to all items here at Lait de la Vie and there are no exceptions granted.
- For more information, see our terms and conditions.
How do I figure out my ring size?
- You can see your local jeweler to get properly sized. This is the most recommended option.
Can you resize rings?
- No, not at this time.
Can I order a half sized ring?
- Unfortunately, only whole sizes are available at this time.
How can I get access to coupons, specials and discounts?
- -Join our VIP list for $5 off, and follow our Facebook page and group for specials! Group> www.iwcs-ldlv.com
Can I add birthstones to my breast milk jewelry to represent my children?
- Yes! If there isn't an option on the listing, please contact me to discuss details!
Can I add flakes/pigment/glitter to personalize my breast milk jewelry/keepsakes?
- Yes! If the option is not available on the listing, please contact me to discuss details!
Do you take custom orders?
- Custom breast milk jewelry and keepsake orders are closed at this time.
Can I exchange or swap a free item?
- No. We do not allow any exchanges or swapping of free items. We are constantly changing sales and free items. Free items are chosen at random, and will randomly switch and be posted.
How do I care for my pieces?
- Unfortunately, many metals used in jewelry making will eventually tarnish over time. Tarnish is the result of a chemical reaction between the silver and environmental factors, particularly sulfur, effectively causing oxidation that appears as a discoloration, or tarnish. As we use silver for many of our pieces, we want to make sure you understand how to prevent your beautiful jewelry from tarnishing and what you can do to maintain its quality and finish.
- Never expose your jewelry to water or high levels of humidity. This means that you should remove your jewelry before swimming or taking a shower or bath and you should never store your jewelry in the bathroom.
- Also, polish your jewelry at least once a week using a soft cloth to remove dust. A polishing cloth is preferable but any soft cloth that isn’t abrasive in any way would be suitable for cleaning.
- Protect your jewelry by storing it in a cool, dry place - a closed jewelry box is preferable for jewelry storage.
- Always remove your jewelry before bedtime to prevent accidental breakage.
- Please do not expose breast milk stone or keepsake stone to any harsh solvents, such as acetone or cleaning agents. Harsh solvents can destroy the breast milk and keepsake stone.
- Please do not expose your keepsake to essential oils, as this may cause harsh yellowing to the keepsake stone.
- It is also not recommended to leave your breast milk stone in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.